Summer Vegetable Salad
- 2 small zucchini cut 1/4"-thk rounds
- 2 small yellow summer squash cut 1/4"-thk rounds
- 8 ounces mushrooms quartered
- 12 cherry tomatoes stemmed, halved
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano (or 3/4 tspn dried oregano, crumbled)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Steam zucchini and summer squash until just tender, about 6 minutes. Drain well. Transfer to medium bowl. Add mushrooms and tomatoes.
Combine mustard and vinegar in bowl. Gradually whisk in oil. Add oregano and cumin. Mix dressing into vegetables. Season with salt and pepper. Cool to room temperature and serve.
This recipe yields 2 servings; can be doubled or tripled.