Spaghetti With Fresh Tomato-Basil Sauce
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 small red serrano chile sliced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 3 pounds plum tomatoes seeded, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 16 ounces spaghetti cooked
- Grated Parmesan
Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add chile and garlic and saute until tender, about 2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and simmer until soft, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes.
Add basil. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until thick, about 10 minutes. Pour over spaghetti. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
This recipe yields 4 servings.