Slow Cooker Apricot Glazed Pork Loin Roast
This is extremely simple and easy. My grocer has half pork loins on sale frequently and I am constantly looking for recipes. I use sugar free apricot preserves to reduce calories.
- 1 3 1/2 to 4 pound pork loin roast
- 4 cups baby carrots
- 1 large red onion, thickly sliced
- 1 1/2 cusp chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 18 ounce jar sugar free apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup flour
- black pepper
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 490mins
Line the bottom of a slow cooker with the carrots and onions.
If desired, tie the pork loin.
Season the loin liberally with salt and pepper and place over carrots and onion slices.
In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together stock, preserves, mustard, thyme and flour until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Pour glaze mixture over the loin. Cover and cook on low for 8 to 9 hours, or until tender.
Pork Loin = 54 calories per ounce
Carrots = 83 calories per cup
Sauce = 64 calories per 1/2 cup
You'll also love
- Low Carb Zucchini Fries 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Dennis's Chicken Fajita Pasta 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Sausage Egg Roll in a Bowl 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Coconut Cake 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Instant Pot Corned Beef and Cabbage 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Caramel Apple Nachos 5/5 (1 Votes)
- MOO SHU PORK (OR CHICKEN) 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Parmesan Baked Pork Chops 5/5 (1 Votes)