Black Bean Spareribs
Love ribs and looking for an alternative to traditional American barbecue sauce? Try this Asian inspired sauce with soy sauce and black bean sauce with garlic.
- 2 pounds pork spareribs, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- Oil for stir-frying
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch dissolved in 4 teaspoons water, optional
- 2 tablespoons black bean sauce with garlic, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cooking sherry
- 1 cup chicken broth
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Trim the ribs and cut into 1-inch pieces.
Mince the ginger. In a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients and set aside.
Heat wok to medium-high heat and add oil. When oil is ready, add the ginger and stir-fry until aromatic (about 15 seconds).
Add the spareribs, stir-frying until they are lightly browned. Add the sauce.
Reduce heat to medium, cover and simmer for about 10 minutes.
This step is optional. If you want to thicken this recipe, mix the cornstarch and water together while the other ingredients cook. Once the ingredients are finished simmering, give the cornstarch/water mixture a quick re-stir and add, stirring to thicken.
You'll also love
- Chickpea Purée With Wilted Greens 5/5 (2 Votes)
- SWISS STEAK WITH EGG NOODLES 5/5 (2 Votes)
- The Best Cheesecake Ever 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Cinnamon Apple Pie 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Braised Escarole & Cannellini Beans 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Cajun Sausage 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Vegetable Beef Flavor SOUP STARTER... 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Honey Garlic Pork Tenderloin 5/5 (2 Votes)