NEW ORLEANS STYLE BREAD PUDDING
Oh sooo GOOD! BUT, Be advised... don't eat and Drive with this lol
- Bread Pudding
- 10 ounces loaf stale French bread, crumbled (if you use fresh french bread reduce milk to 3 cups) or 6 -8 cups any type crumbled bread (if you use fresh french bread reduce milk to 3 cups)
- 2 cups sugar (granulated)
- 1 ⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 cups milk
- Joes Whiskey Sauce
- 1 ⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 ⁄2 cup Bourbon
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 190mins
Adapted from recipe-of-today.blogspot.com
For the Bread Pudding:.
Butter a 9 by 13 inch baking pan. Set oven rack in lower third of oven and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine all ingredients. Mixture should be very moist but not soupy. Pour into the buttered dish and bake 1 hour and 15 minutes until top is golden brown.
Serve warm with Joe's Whiskey Sauce.
For Joes Whiskey Sauce:.
Using a hand held mixer, cream butter and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat, beating until all butter is absorbed. Remove from heat and blend in yolks. Pour in bourbon gradually, stirring constantly. Sauce will thicken as it cools. Serve warm on warm bread pudding.
Source : food.com