Sesame Stir-Fried Chicken
- 1 pound boned skinned chicken breasts cut 1"-wide strips
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup dry Sherry
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 6 ounces snow peas
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon chili paste with garlic
- 1 8 ounce can sliced bamboo shoots drained
- 1 8 ounce can water chestnuts drained
- 1/4 cup canned chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds toasted
- 3 green onions sliced
- 1 teaspoon oriental sesame oil
- Steamed rice for serving
- Additional soy sauce for serving
Place first 4 ingredients in bowl and stir. Let marinate 15 minutes.
Heat oil in wok or heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add snow peas, garlic and chili paste and stir-fry 30 seconds.
Add chicken with marinade and stir-fry 3 minutes. Add bamboo shoots and water chestnuts and stir-fry until chicken is almost cooked through, about 2 minutes.
Mix in broth. Add sesame seeds and green onions; stir-fry 30 seconds. Add sesame oil and toss to coat. Serve with rice, passing soy sauce separately.
This recipe yields 4 servings.