- Cooking spray
- 1 1/4 cups Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Hershey’s unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon Camulet baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) Land O’ Lakes unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup Domino sugar
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon McCormick vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup Hershey’s semi-sweet chocolate chips
Lightly coat a 4 to 5-quart crock pot insert with cooking spray. Place a piece of parchment paper, that is large enough to extend halfway up the sides in the bottom of the crock pot. Lightly spray parchment paper with cooking spray.
In a small bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
Place butter and chopped chocolate in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir. Microwave another 30 seconds. If not completely melted, continue microwaving until melted.
Add sugar to chocolate mixture and whisk to combine.
Whisk in eggs and vanilla.
Stir in flour mixture just until flour is moistened. Fold in pecans and chocolate chips.
Pour batter into crock pot, smoothing out the top with a rubber spatula.
Cover and cook on LOW 3½ hours. Uncover and continue to cook on LOW for 30 minutes.
Remove insert from crockpot and place on a wire rack to cool completely.