Taco Pasta Casserole
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning mix
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded
- and finely chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) box shell pasta
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 (11 ounce) jar chunky salsa
- 2 cups Cheddar cheese, grated, divided
In large skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef and drain off excess liquid. Add taco seasoning, blend and set aside.
Sauté onions and pepper in butter until tender, then stir onions into the cooked meat.
Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions, then drain.
Mix seasoned meat, onion and pepper mixture, cooked pasta, tomatoes, salsa and half of the grated cheese together.
Spoon mixture into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish which has been sprayed with nonfat cooking spray.
Top with remaining cheese and bake in preheated 375 degree F oven for about 25 to 30 minutes or until heated well.