Seared Sesame Tofu With Asian Salad
- 2/3 cup chopped green onions
- 2/3 cup thinly-sliced yellow bell pepper
- 2/3 cup mung bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 10 ounces extra-firm tofu cut 1/2"-thk slices, and patted dry - (abt 6 slices)
- 4 tablespoons roasted garlic oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
Mix chopped green onions, sliced bell pepper, and bean sprouts in medium bowl. Mound vegetables on 2 plates.
Place sesame seeds on small plate. Dredge tofu slices in sesame seeds to coat on all sides.
Heat 2 tablespoons roasted garlic oil in heavy medium skillet over medium heat. Add tofu and cook until rich golden brown, about 3 minutes per side. Divide tofu between 2 plates, leaning tofu against vegetable mounds.
Add remaining 2 tablespoons garlic oil to same skillet. Add minced ginger; sauté 1 minute. Add rice vinegar; bring to boil. Remove from heat. Drizzle tofu and vegetables with pan sauce.
This recipe yields 2 servings; can be doubled.