Shrimp Scampi Flatbread
- 2 1/2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes, plus more for garnish
- 1 1/2 lb. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 large store-bought flatbread
- 2 c. shredded mozzarella
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
Adapted from delish.com
Preheat oven to 400º. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add 2 tablespoons oil and butter. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Add red pepper flakes and continue to cook, 1 minute more. Add shrimp and season with salt and pepper. Sear 2 minutes per side. Deglaze pan with lemon juice until most of the liquid has evaporated, then remove from heat.
Place flatbread on a baking sheet and brush with remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil. Sprinkle with 1 1/2 cups mozzarella and top with shrimp mixture. Top with remaining mozzarella and bake until cheese is melty and flatbread golden, 12 to 15 minutes.
Garnish with red pepper flakes, parsley, and lemon zest.