Steel cut oats--freezer friendly/ind. portion sized
- 1 T coconut oil
- 3 C hot water
- 1 C steel cut oats
- 1 C milk
- 1 t vanilla
1. Heat coconut oil in sauce pan until melted, then toast steel cut oats until golden and fragrant.
2. Add in 3 cups of hot water, bring to a boil then let simmer for 25 minutes.
3. Add in milk and simmer for another 15 minutes. Stir in vanilla.
4. Let stand for 5 minutes.
5. When cooled slightly divide into muffin cups using 1/2 cup portions. Freeze until solid then pop out of muffin tin and store in freezer in ziplock bag.
6. When ready to eat put 1 portion in bowl and microwave for 2 minutes. Add your favorite toppings and enjoy!!