Mason Jar Lid Mini Pies
Imagine your favorite pie, baked in the CUTEST mini version. This post will show you how to bake mini pies in mason jar lids.
- mason jar lid
- The wide mouth lids measure about 3 1/2 ”
- to cut the pie crust to have enough edge to make them look pretty, you’ll need something that is 1 inch larger. Take a look around maybe you have a 4 1.2 inch round cookie cutter or a bowl.
- a bowl 1 inch larger than a mason jar lid
- I have a bowl that is 4 1/2 inches
- cutting pie crust with a bowl
- I roll out my dough and turn the bowl upside down and press down to cut the dough.
- cut pie crust
- Then I use a small spatula to lift the dough up to place it into the lids
- fluting pie crust
- To flute the edge of the pie crust press two fingers on the outside and one finger on the inside to create a pretty scallop.
Bake the crust until lightly golden or lighter if you will be putting the pies back into the oven again. ( I put them on a cookie sheet to bake them usually, but have placed them in the oven directly on rack with great results too)
375 degrees for 10-12 minutes, for a more golden and crisp pie crust that won’t be baked again 400 degrees for 10 minutes will result in a nice light golden color.
removing pie crust from mason jar lid.
Just press up on the bottom of the pies and the lid will release from the lid