Fresh Rigatoni with Chorizo and Manchego
- 1 pound fresh rigatoni pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (plus more to garnish)
- 1 pound fresh chorizo (removed from casings)
- 1 yellow onion (peeled, diced)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 (28 ounce)can san marzano tomatoes (pureed)
- 1 cup freshly grated manchego cheese
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
Cooking time 5mins
Adapted from abc.go.com
In a very large pasta pot, bring 5 quarts water and 3 tablespoons salt to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until just al dente, about 1 minute less than the package directions. Occasionally give the pasta a stir so it doesn't stick together. Drain.
Meanwhile, put a large skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil and then the chorizo. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up the meat, until browned, about 2 minutes. Move the chorizo to one side of the pan, add the onion and a pinch of salt to the empty space, and cook for 1 minute. Add the white wine and deglaze the pan, scraping with a wooden spoon to get the brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Cook until reduced by half, about 1 minute. Add the tomatoes and bring to a simmer. Taste and adjust the seasoning, adding more salt as needed.
Add the cooked pasta to the pan, stirring it into the sauce. Remove from the heat and stir in the extra-virgin olive oil and manchego. Garnish with more cheese if desired. Serve immediately.
Tip: When draining the pasta, reserve some pasta water to loosen the sauce if needed.
You'll also love
- Roasted Shrimp and Orzo 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Carrot Ricotta Ravioli with Brown... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- CREAMY SAUSAGE AND TOMATO RAVIOLI 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Crispy Pork Schnitzel Sandwiches 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Chicken and Spicy Sausage Gumbo 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Mexican Rigatoni and Cheese 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Potato Gnocchi with Chorizo Sauce 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Baked Rigatoni with Tiny Meatballs 4.5/5 (4 Votes)