Rice Pilaf With Basil And Pine Nuts
- 1 can chicken broth - (14 1/2 oz)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 large onion chopped
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil (or 1 1/2 tspns dried basil, crumbled)
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Bring broth to simmer in small saucepan. Reduce heat to low and keep warm.
Meanwhile, heat oil in another heavy small saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and saute until translucent, about 6 minutes. Add rice and stir 1 minute. Add broth and bring to boil.
Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook until broth is absorbed and rice is tender, about 20 minutes. Stir basil and toasted pine nuts into rice. Season with salt and pepper and serve hot.
This recipe yields 2 servings; can be doubled or tripled.