Quick Chicken Fajitas
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion sliced
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme crumbled
- 1/2 cup canned chicken broth
- 4 boned skinned chicken breast halves cut into strips
- Warm flour tortillas for serving
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1 avocado peeled, chopped
- 1 cup purchased salsa
Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and bell pepper and saute until almost tender, about 10 minutes. Add cumin, paprika, cayenne, garlic powder, oregano and thyme and continue cooking 1 minute. Mix in broth and bring to boil. Add chicken and stir until cooked through, about 5 minutes.
Spoon chicken mixture into tortillas. Top with tomato and avocado. Roll up. Serve, passing salsa separately.
This recipe yields 4 servings.