Paleo Carrot Cake
- For Frosting:
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup grapeseed oil see note*
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups Bob's Red Mill Almond Flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 cups grated carrot see note**
- 1 batch Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 tablespoons raw walnuts chopped, optional
- 2 tablespoons cacao nibs optional
Adapted from theroastedroot.net
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line two 8-inch cake pans (or spring form pie pans) with parchment paper.
Add all of the ingredients except for the walnuts, raisins, and grated carrot to a blender or food processor and blend until combined.
Add the walnuts, raisins, and grated carrot and fold into the batter until well-combined.
Divide the cake batter between the two cake pans and spread into an even layer. Bake on the center rack 20 to 25 minutes, or until cakes are golden-brown and test clean when poked in the center.
Allow cakes to cool 15 minutes, then release them from their pans. Allow them to cool an additional 20 minutes. Place one of the cakes on a cake stand or large plate and frost the top with Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting. Place the second cake on top and frost the whole cake with the remainder of the frosting. Garnish with chopped walnuts and cacao nibs, cut into thick slices, and serve!