- FOR THE DRESSING:
- 1 pound package coleslaw mix
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2-3 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
1. Pour the coleslaw mix into a strainer and place in the sink. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of the sugar and 1/4 cup of the kosher salt and lightly toss. Let sit for 5 minutes to draw out the moisture from the cabbage and then rinse well with cold water. Spin the coleslaw mix in a salad spinner and place in a large bowl.
2. For the dressing, mix all together in a medium bowl.
3. Refrigerate and serve.