Pine Nut Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar (or 2 tbspns red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons minced shallots - (abt 2)
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place pine nuts on small cookie sheet. Toast until golden brown, stirring occasionally, about 12 minutes. Cool completely.
Combine oil, vinegar, lemon juice, shallot and orange peel in bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in pine nuts. Transfer to cruet and seal. (Can be prepared up to 4 days ahead; refrigerate.) Serve at room temperature.
This recipe yields about 1 1/3 cups.