Penne With Vegetables And Olives
- 1 small broccoli bunch cut into florets
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano crumbled
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 pound mushrooms sliced - (abt 2 cups)
- 1 medium zucchini sliced
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1/4 cup chopped green olives
- 3 plum tomatoes chopped
- 8 ounces penne or other tubular pasta freshly cooked
- Grated Romano cheese for serving
Cook broccoli in large saucepan of boiling water until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Drain well.
Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic, oregano, lemon juice and red pepper flakes. Cook until garlic is just golden, stirring constantly, about 30 seconds.
Reduce heat to medium and add mushrooms and zucchini. Cook until just tender, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Add wine and simmer 2 minutes. Add broccoli, olives and tomatoes; cook until broccoli is tender, about 4 minutes.
Place pasta in large bowl and toss with remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add vegetable mixture and combine well. Serve, passing Romano separately.
This recipe yields 4 servings.