White Chocolate Cupcakes
These White Chocolate Cupcakes are absolutely scrumptious! Frosted white cupcakes with a truffle center. Yum!
- 1 3/4 cup cake flour (see Cook’s Tip)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Double Strength Vanilla
- 4 egg whites, room temperature
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 12 round white or dark chocolate truffles, unwrapped
- FROSTING & GARNISH:
- 6 ounces white chocolate for baking, chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon Double-Strength Vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- White chocolate curls (optional)
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 60mins
Preheat oven to 325°F.
Place paper liners in wells of Muffin Pan. Whisk flour and baking powder in small bowl. Combine milk and vanilla in measuring cup. In mixing bowl, beat egg whites on high speed of electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
In another mixing bowl, beat butter and granulated sugar on medium-high speed until fluffy; beat in sour cream until smooth. On medium speed, add flour mixture in three additions, alternating with milk mixture in two additions, mixing until smooth. Whisk in one-third of the egg whites with a whisk. Fold in remaining egg whites using whisk. Divide batter evenly among liners.will melt into cupcakes.)
Bake 17 to 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean. Remove pan from oven to stackable cooling rack. Immediately snip a 1/2-inch-deep (1-cm) “x” into top of each cupcake using shears. Press one truffle into each cupcake until flush with top of cupcake. Remove cupcakes from pan. Cool 30 minutes or to room temperature. (Truffles will melt into cupcakes.)
Meanwhile, for frosting, place white chocolate in microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until chocolate is mostly melted, stirring every 30 seconds. Let stand 3 minutes or until slightly cooled. In clean mixing bowl, combine melted chocolate, cream cheese, butter and vanilla; using clean beaters, beat on medium speed until well blended. Slowly add powdered sugar; beat well.
Place frosting in decorator fitted with open star tip. Pipe frosting evenly around tops of cupcakes. Garnish cupcakes with chocolate curls.
Cook's Tips: To ensure fine-textured cupcakes, it’s important to use cake flour for this recipes. Cake flour can be found in boxes in the baking aisle.
To make chocolate curls, place two squares of baking chocolate on a piece of Parchment Paper; microwave on HIGH 10 seconds. Using Vegetable Peeler, create curls from softened chocolate.
You'll also love
- Cheesy Garlic Baked Chicken 4.5/5 (124 Votes)
- Chewy Lemon Snowdrop Cookies 4.4/5 (125 Votes)
- Peach Cupcakes with Peach Cream... 4.5/5 (124 Votes)
- Peach Bellini Cupcakes 4.5/5 (116 Votes)
- Sex-In-A-Pan Cake 4.5/5 (115 Votes)
- Oreo Dirt Cake 4.3/5 (155 Votes)
- Raspberry Cheesecake Cupcake Bites 4.5/5 (83 Votes)