Pasta E Fagioli
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 can Italian plum tomatoes - (16 oz) drained, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano crumbled
- 1 can cannellini beans - (15 oz) rinsed, drained (white kidney beans)
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni freshly cooked
- Grated Parmesan
Heat 3 tablespoons oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and saute until brown, about 2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and cook 5 minutes. Add parsley, basil and oregano and simmer until tomatoes soften, stirring occasionally and breaking up tomatoes with back of spoon, about 15 minutes.
Add beans and cook until heated through, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Place pasta in bowl. Toss with remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Pour sauce over and toss thoroughly. Serve, passing Parmesan separately.
This recipe yields 2 to 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Mashed Potatoes With Green Onions... 0/5 (0 Votes)