Make-Ahead Breakfast Grain Bowls with Turkey Sausage Meatballs
- 1-1/2 cups farro
- 1 package (16 ounces) JENNIE-O® Lean Mild Turkey Breakfast Sausage Roll
- 2 red bell peppers
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 6 soft-cooked eggs
- Hot sauce, for serving (optional)
Adapted from foxeslovelemons.com
Prepare farro according to package directions.
Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Using hands, form sausage into small balls (a little smaller than golf balls); place on rimmed baking pan. Transfer to oven and bake 18 to 20 minutes or until internal temperature of meatballs reaches 165 degrees F.
Using open flame of gas range (set to medium heat), roast red peppers about 5 minutes or until blackened all over, using tongs to rotate peppers as they cook. Transfer peppers to medium bowl; cover with plastic wrap and let stand 5 minutes. Use knife to scrape skin from peppers. Remove seeds; then roughly chop peppers.
At this point, each prepared ingredient can be stored separately in the fridge until ready to assemble. To assemble, place 1/2 cup prepared farro in bowl. Top with 4-5 meatballs, 2 tablespoons red peppers, 2 tablespoons onions and one egg. Serve with hot sauce, if desired.
You'll also love
- Chicken and Pasta Frittata 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Mexican Fish Stew 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Sweet Spiced Chicken Breasts with... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Cabbage with Bacon and Roasted... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Hot Brown Turkey Casserole 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- One Skillet Sausage & White Bean... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Turkey Burger 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Pasta with Kale and Turkey Sausage 4.3/5 (3 Votes)