Slow-Cooker Meaty Italian Spaghetti Sauce
- 2 lb bulk Italian pork sausage or ground beef
- 2 large onions, chopped (2 cups)
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms (6 oz)
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 can (28 oz) Muir Glen™ organic diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (15 oz each) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 oz) tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon dried basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Adapted from bettycrocker.com
Spray 5-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In 12-inch skillet, cook sausage, onions, mushrooms and garlic over medium heat about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sausage is no longer pink; drain.
Spoon sausage mixture into cooker. Stir in remaining ingredients.
Cover; cook on Low heat setting 8 to 9 hours.