Coconut Almond Macaroons
Yum! Chewy macaroons with shredded coconut, almond slivers and or chocolate chips if you desire.
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large egg whites
- 3 cups unsweetened coconut, shredded
- 3/4 cups slivered almonds (or chocolate chips)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 60mins
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Whisk together sugar and egg whites in a medium bowl. Stir in coconut, almonds, (or chocolate chips) vanilla and salt.
Drop mixture by 2 tablespoonfuls about 2-inch apart onto parchment lined baking sheets. With moistened hands, squeeze each mound tightly together to form a compact ball. Using a spatula, flatten one side at a time to form a pyramid shape.
Bake in oven until golden brown on bottoms and edges, 15 to 18 minutes. Transfer sheets to wire racks and cool 5 minutes. Transfer macaroons to racks and cool completely, about 20 minutes. Store in airtight container at room temperature.
You'll also love
- Perfect Macaroni and Cheese 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Bakery Style Blueberry Streusel... 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Amazing Chili 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Herbed Garlic Bread 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Apple Fries with Caramel Cream Dip 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- No Bake Pecan Coconut Praline... 4/5 (21 Votes)
- Coconut Carrot Thai Soup 4.4/5 (13 Votes)