I LOVE granola; so much so, that I have trouble stopping at just one handful. Let's be honest, this breakfast item is essentially a deconstructed oatmeal cookie but with a fraction of the flour. This makes it healthy, right? That’s not always the case. Many granolas are disguised as power snacks, but, in reality, have the nutrition equivalent of a candy bar. With Skinny Shake™ powder, you can turn your granola into a true power snack. This isn't just for breakfast either. Skinny granola is great on top of salads, in parfaits, as cereal, or by the handful!
- 1/4 cup egg whites
- 1/2 cup Skinny Shake™ powder
- 1 cup oats
- 3 tablespoons grass fed, unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
Adapted from skinnyco.com
Measure and prepare all ingredients. Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl and reserve.
Using a stand mixer (or by hand), whisk egg whites until frothy.
On low speed, slowly drizzle melted butter and coconut oil into egg whites, then repeat with honey.
Whip until mixture thickens and resembles yogurt.
Gently fold all dry ingredients into egg mixture until evenly coated.
With a spatula, evenly spread granola mixture over a baking sheet that has been prepped with a non-stick cooking spray.
Bake at 400ºF for 10 minutes, then drop temperature to 350 ºF and continue to bake for 5 minutes.
When granola is slightly browned, remove from oven and break into pieces.
Place them back in the oven and continue to bake at 350 ºF for 3 to 5 more minutes until golden-brown and fragrant.
Serve immediately or store in a Tupperware® container or Ziplock® bag. Enjoy!
You'll also love
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (810 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Jalapeno Popper Spread 4.5/5 (672 Votes)
- Crock Pot Ravioli Casserole 4.5/5 (475 Votes)
- Tuscan Garlic Chicken 4.5/5 (438 Votes)
- Neiman Marcus Dip 4.6/5 (417 Votes)
- Breakfast Grilled Cheese 4.5/5 (328 Votes)
- Breakfast Pockets 4.5/5 (241 Votes)