Slow Cooker Balsamic Beef
Serves: 8 approx 1 ½ cup serving
21 Day Fix: Per Serving 1 Red, ¼ Purple
- 2 pounds round steak or cube steak, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced (not chopped)
- Garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup balsamic
- vinegar (for gluten-free use White Balsamic Vinegar which doesn’t have caramel coloring)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon each: dried oregano, basil, and rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- Ground black pepper and salt to taste
Pour the olive oil on the bottom of the slow cooker.
Salt and pepper the beef and add it to the slow cooker.
Placed sliced onion on top of the beef, and sprinkle on the dried herbs evenly. Add the garlic cloves.
Pour in the vinegar and top with the tomatoes.
Cook on high for 4 hours. Serve over whole wheat angel hair pasta or long grain brown rice.