Sautéed spinach (or any greens) with garlic and a squeeze of lemon or vinegar is a simple formula that lets the spinach shine and will never go out of favor.
- 2 T EVOO
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 20 ozs fresh spinach (see note)
- 1 T lemon juice
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/4 t crushed red pepper
Heat oil in Dutch oven over med heat. Add garlic & cook until beginning to brown, 1-2 min. Add spinach & toss to coat. Cover & cook until wilted, 3-5 min. Remove from heat & add lemon juice, salt & crushed red pepper. Toss to coat & serve immediately.
Note: Baby spinach is immature or young spinach. It's harvested earlier than large leaved mature spinach. We like the sturdy texture of mature spinach in cooked dishes & serve tender, mild flavored baby spinach raw or lightly wilted. Baby and mature spinach can be used interchangeably in this recipe (yields may vary slightly); be sure to remove the tough stems from mature spinach before using.
10 ozs trimmed mature spinach = about 10 cups raw; 10 ozs baby spinach = about 8 cups raw.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (888 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (892 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (498 Votes)
- Spinach Lasagna Roll-Ups 4.6/5 (148 Votes)
- Secretly Healthy Spinach Dip aka... 4.5/5 (137 Votes)
- Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts 4.6/5 (128 Votes)