Mini Crab Cakes
Mini Crab Cakes are the perfect appetizer for any holiday spread or special occasion dinner party filled with your favorite family and friends. These crab cakes can be made ahead of time to free up some of your valuable time on the day of your event. Serve these sprinkled with chives and pop them in your mouth.
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon orange peel, finely grated
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon peel, finely grated
- 4 teaspoons plus 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- large pinch of cayenne pepper
- 6 ounces fresh lump crabmeat, picked over, patted dry, coarsely shredded
- 1 cup Panko Japanese breadcrumbs*
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted, plus more for greasing pans
- fresh chives, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 mini muffin pans
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from epicurious.com
Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese in medium bowl until smooth. Add 1/4 cup Parmesan and egg; beat to blend. Beat in sour cream, citrus peels, 4 teaspoons chopped chives, coarse salt, and cayenne pepper. Fold in crabmeat. This recipe can be made up to 1 day ahead at this point, and covered and kept chilled.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Generously butter 2 mini muffin pans. Combine the Panko, 1/2 cup Parmesan, and 2 tablespoons chopped chives in small bowl. Drizzle 1/4 cup melted butter over, tossing with fork until evenly moistened. Press 1 rounded tablespoon Panko mixture into bottom of each muffin cup, forming crust. Spoon 1 generous tablespoon crab mixture into each cup. Sprinkle rounded teaspoon of Panko mixture over each (some may be left over).
Bake crab cakes until golden on top and set, about 30 minutes. Cool in pans 5 minutes. Run knife around each cake and gently lift out of pan.
Can be made 2 hours ahead. Arrange on baking sheet; let stand at room temperature. Rewarm in 350°F oven 6 to 8 minutes.
Arrange crab cakes on serving platter; sprinkle with 1/2-inch cut chive pieces.
You'll also love
- Strawberry Rhubarb Slump 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Lemon-Shrimp Pasta Salad 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Sweet And Sour Shrimp Bowl 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Pizza Wheels (Pizza Party Buns) 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Casserole Greek-Style (Leftovers) 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Apple Cookie Cobbler 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Buffalo Cheese Puffs 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Down-Home Layered Dip 4.8/5 (5 Votes)