Tomato Ricotta Tart
- 1 pie crust for 9" pie plate
- 3/4 C part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 t kosher salt
- 1/2 C chopped basil divided
- 1.5 oz aged Gruyere cheese, shredded & divided (@6 T)
- 1 lb heriloom tomatoes, cut into 1/4" slices
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 35mins
Preheat oven to 450. Bake pie crust 10 min.
Combine ricotta, egg, garlic & salt, stirring with a whisk. Add 1/4 C basil & 1/4 C Gruyere, stirring to combine. Spread mixture into pie crust. Arrange tomato slices in circular pattern over ricotta mixture, slightly overlapping. Top with remaining Gruyere; bake 25 min until filling is set. Let stand 10 min. Sprinkle with remaining basil & serve.