Flank Steak with Homemade Chimichurri
The addition of Chimichurri adds a greater depth of flavor to this Flank Steak recipe.
- 2 ounces fresh parsley (1 small bunch), stems removed
- 4 medium garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 ⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 ⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound uncooked lean and trimmed beef flank steak
- 2 sprays cooking spray
- 1 pinch kosher salt, or to taste
- 1 pinch black pepper, or to taste
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from thecomfortofcooking.com
In a blender or mini chopper, puree parsley, garlic, vinegar, water, oregano, 11/2 teaspoons salt,1/4 teaspoon pepper and pepper flakes until relatively smooth. Remove 3 tablespoons chimichurri to a small bowl; stir in 1 teaspoon oil. Rub mixture in bowl all over steak; cover and marinate for 8 hours and up to 24 hours.
Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to remaining chimichurri; reserve in refrigerator.
Off heat, coat a grill or grill pan with cooking spray. Preheat grill to high heat.
Wipe marinade off steak and pat steak dry with a paper towel or clean kitchen towel; season steak with additional salt and pepper, if desired. Grill steak until medium rare, flipping once, about 5 to 7 minutes per side (or longer until desired degree of doneness). Remove steak from grill; let rest a few minutes before slicing against grain. Serve steak drizzled with reserved chimichurri.
You'll also love
- Frankenmuth Chicken Noodle Soup 5/5 (4 Votes)
- Blueberry Basil Bones-Dog Treats 5/5 (4 Votes)
- A Warm Pan of Chickpeas, Chorizo... 5/5 (4 Votes)
- Bacon Guacamole Chicken Bombs 4.8/5 (22 Votes)
- Banana Pecan Brûlée Oatmeal For... 5/5 (4 Votes)
- Chocolate Bomb Pudding Shots 4.3/5 (60 Votes)
- Broccoli Swiss Turkey Meatloaf... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Fried Ravioli 4.5/5 (44 Votes)