Teriyaki Salmon Recipe
This teriyaki salmon recipe is a winner! Simple ingredients and no lengthy marinating needed. A flaky, juicy and delicious teriyaki glazed salmon recipe.
- for the sauce:
- Prep time: 25 mins Cook time: 15 mins Total time: 40 mins
- Author: Natasha of NatashasKitchen.com
- Skill Level: Easy
- Serving: 7-8 Servings
- 2 - 3 lbs salmon filet sliced into 2" wide slices
- 3 Tbsp teriyaki sauce
- 3 Tbsp hoisin sauce
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp white vinegar
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large or 3 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp freshly grated ginger, or 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- to serve:
- Sesame seeds to garnish, optional
- Green onion, chopped, optional
Adapted from natashaskitchen.com
Prep: Grease a large rimmed baking sheet (cover with foil and then grease for easier clean-up). Preheat oven to 400˚F.
Combine sauce ingredients and stir until brown sugar is dissolved.
Place individual salmon slices in a mixing bowl. Pour the sauce over the salmon, cover with plastic wrap and let marinate 20 minutes (at room temp or refrigerated).
Transfer salmon to prepared baking sheet (keep the marinade). Bake at 400 for 13-16 min or until salmon is flaky and cooked through, bake times may vary by thickness of salmon.
While salmon is baking, transfer remaining marinade to a small sauce pan and bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally until slightly thickened (3-4 min) then remove from heat.
Once salmon is out of the oven, brush with teriyaki syrup, then sprinkle with chopped green onion and sesame seeds as desired.
Note: You can easily scale this recipe up or down. For 1 lb of salmon, cut all of the marinade ingredients in half.