Cranberry Orange Pound Cake
Chef in training
- 1 cup butter
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 Tablespoons orange zest
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ORANGE GLAZE
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon orange juice
- 1 Tablespoon orange zest
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar and orange zest together for 3 to 5 minutes.
Add eggs one at a time and beat an addition minute per egg.
Add vanilla and mix in.
In a separate large bowl, mix and combine dry ingredients together.
Add dry ingredients alternatively with the buttermilk to the butter/sugar/orange zest/egg mixture. Fold in cranberries.
Grease and flour either 2 large bread pans or 3 small bread pans.
Pour batter and bake at 350 degrees F for 55 to 60 min.
Let loaves cool and pour glaze over them.
Whisk glaze ingredients together until smooth.
You'll also love
- BRAIDED APPLE WALNUT STRUDEL 4.1/5 (22 Votes)
- Black Bean Soup (South Beach Diet... 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Apple Dumplings 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Luby's Frosted Lime Congeal 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- doTERRA Creamy Fruit Dip with... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Raspberry Cheesecake Eggrolls 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Strawberry Pudding Jello Salad 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Rhubarb Orange Mousse 5/5 (1 Votes)