Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
- For the filling:
- 8 oz. cream cheese-softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup raspberries-washed and well drained
- For the cake:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5.5 Tablespoons unsalted butter- softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- For the streusel topping:
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons butter-chilled and cubed
Preheat oven to 350F. Grease 8 or 9 inch springform pan and line the bottom with parchment paper. Set aside.
To make the filling: Mix together the cream cheese and sugar on medium-low speed until creamy. Add eeg white end mix on low just to combine. Set aside.
To make the cake batter: In a bow stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt, set aside.
With an electric mixer cream together the butter and sugar on medium-low speed. Add egg and egg yolk and vanilla. Slowly mix in the flour mixture alternating with the sour cream. Transfer the batter into the prepared pan and smooth with a spatula. Spread the cream cheese filling on top. Place raspberries onto cream cheese filling.
To make the topping: Combine sugar, flour and chilled cubed butter in a bowl. Stir with a fork or pastry blender until the mixture is crumbly.( Make sure the streusel is in pea-sized crumbs)
Sprinkle the streusel on top of raspberries.
Bake for 40-45 minutes until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a rack, run a thin knife around the cake and loose ring of springform pan.
Store in the fridge.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (886 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (890 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (497 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (288 Votes)
- Strawberry Coconut Chia Seed... 4.5/5 (210 Votes)
- Buttermilk Blueberry Breakfast Cake 4.4/5 (181 Votes)