Chocolate Eclair Cake!
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- 4 large eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 large box (5.1 ounces) vanilla instant pudding
- 3 cups milk
- 1 8 oz. container cool whip (you won’t use the whole container) or one batch of homemade whipped cream
- chocolate syrup or homemade chocolate sauce
Adapted from keyingredient.com
Preheat oven to 400.
*LIGHTLY grease ~ 9x13 glass baking pan.
In a medium saucepan,
melt butter in water and bring to a boil.
Remove from heat.
Stir in flour.
Mix in one egg at a time,
mixing completely before adding another egg.
Spread mixture into pan,
covering the bottom and sides evenly.
* If the sides of your pan are too greased you won’t be able to
get the mixture to stay up the sides of pan
Bake for 30-40 minutes
or until golden brown
(Mine only took 25 minutes.)
You may want to check it occasionally-
don’t overcook the crust,
it will ruin the cake!
Remove from oven and let cool
(don’t touch or push bubbles down).
Whip cream cheese in a medium bowl.
In separate bowl make vanilla pudding
with the milk.
Make sure pudding is thick before mixing in with cream cheese.
Slowly add pudding to cream cheese,
mixing until there are no lumps.
When the crust is completely chilled, pour filling in.
Top with layer of cool whip (thick as you like)
and serve with chocolate syrup.
~If you want to make this even better use homemade whipped cream.