Candy Bar Pie
Better Homes & Garden, cal 440, total fat 36 g, saturated fat 12 g, cholesterol 46 mg, sodium 92 mg, carbohydrate 27 g, fiber 2 g, protein 6 g
- 6 1-1 1/2 oz bars, milk chocolate with almonds, chopped
- 15 large marshmallows or 1 1/2 c tiny marshmallows
- 1/2 c milk
- 1 c whipping cream
- 1/2 t vanilla
- 1 recipe Walnut Crust whipped cream (optional)
- Coarsely chopped milk chocolate bars with almonds (optional)
1. Filling: in medium saucepan combine the 6 chopped bars, the marshmallows and milk. Heat and stir over med-low heat until chocolate is melted. remove from heat. Let the chocolate mixture stand until cooled to room temperature. Chill a large mixing bowl and beaters. 2. In the chilled mixing bowl beat the 1 c cream and vanilla with electric mixer on med speed until soft peaks form (tips curl). 3. Fold whipped cream mixture into cooled chocolate mixture. Spoon chocolate mixture into Walnut Crust. Freeze about 5 hours or until firm. 4. To serve, remove from freezer and let stand about 10 minutes before cutting into wedges.* If desired, garnish with additional whipped cream and chopped chocolate bars.
*for easier serving, set the pie on a warm, damp towel for a couple of minutes before cutting the first wedge.