Banana-Rum-Raisin Ice Cream
Everything is better when it's homemade- so why not make your own ice cream? This recipe for Banana-Rum-Raisin Ice Cream makes it easy to make a delicious frozen treat at home.
- 3/4 cup dark rum
- 3/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 soft-ripe medium bananas -- coarsely chopped
- 1 (14 ounces) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups cold heavy cream
In a medium saucepan, combine rum, raisins, and sugar. Bring to a boil over medium-high, remove from heat, and let cool completely, 30 minutes.
In a food processor, combine bananas and condensed milk and process until smooth, 2 minutes.
In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat cream on high until stiff peaks form, 2 to 3 minutes. With a rubber spatula, gently fold banana mixture into whipped cream. Fold in rum-raisin mixture.
Pour into a 5-by-9-inch loaf pan, cover with plastic, and freeze until firm, about 8 hours (or covered, up to 1 week).
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (886 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (892 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (498 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (288 Votes)
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies 4.5/5 (71 Votes)
- OATMEAL RAISIN COOKIES 4.4/5 (65 Votes)