Rainbow Carrots & Sugar Snaps with Sherry-Dill Vinaigrette
Slightly sweet and savory salad of carrots, sugar snap peas and slivered almonds with a Sherry dill vinaigrette.
- 1 ⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- 2 cups uncooked carrots, rainbow variety, cut into 1/4-inch-thick diagonal slices
- 1 cup uncooked sugar snap peas, strings removed
- 1 ⁄4 cup uncooked shallots, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons dill, fresh, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar, or white wine vinegar
- 1 medium garlic clove, peeled, smashed
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon table salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 28mins
Adapted from google.com
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Place almonds on a baking sheet; bake 5 minutes. Stir almonds and continue baking until just golden, monitoring oven, 5 to 8 minutes. Remove from baking sheet; let cool.
Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, bring 1 quart water to a boil over high heat. Add carrots; cook 1 minute (cook an additional minute if you like your carrots tender). Add sugar snaps; cook until just bright green, 2 minutes. Drain vegetables; rinse under cold water to stop cooking and shake out all excess water.
In a medium bowl, combine blanched vegetables, shallots, dill, oil, vinegar, garlic, honey, salt and pepper; toss to combine and then sprinkle with toasted almonds (remove garlic clove, if desired).
Serving size: 1/2 cup
2 WW Smart Points per serving
You'll also love
- WW DARK CHOCOLATE CHERRY... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Kimchi Fried Rice 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Plum Tart Cake 5/5 (1 Votes)
- GARLIC PARMESAN CHICKEN FRIES 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Spinach, Cheese, and Bacon Bread... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Fennel & Braised-Lentil Salad With... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Burgundy-Glazed Cipollini Onions 5/5 (1 Votes)
- GF Quinoa Pizza Crust 5/5 (1 Votes)