Cherry Raspberry Pie
Wal-Mart cal 393, fat 15g, chol 0g, sodium 233mg, carbo 58g, protein 4g
- 1-16 oz bag frozen tart red cherries
- 1 c sugar
- 1/2 c flour
- 2 c fresh red raspberries
- 1 t vanilla
- Refrigerated pastry for double-crust pie
- Milk (optional)
- Sugar (optional)
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 60mins
1. Preheat oven to 375. In a large saucepan combine cherries, sugar, flour and 3 T water. Cook and stir over med-low heat until cherries are thawed and juices thicken. Gently stir in raspberries and vanilla.
2. Use a 9" pie plate with half the pastry. Spoon fruit mixture into pastry-lined pie plate. Trim crust even with edge of pie plate.
3. Brush edge of crust with a little water. Top with remaining crust. Turn under edges and crimp to seal. Brush crust with milk and sprinkle with sugar, if desired Cut slits in top pastry to allow steam to escape.
4. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until crust is golden and filling bubbles in center. Cool on wire rack. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream, if desired.