Vegan Peanut Rice Noodle Bowl
Excite your senses with this vibrant, colorful, sweet, savory, and spicy Asian-inspired Vegan Peanut Rice Noodle Bowl. Tender rice noodles are laced with edamame, lightly pickled carrots with seasoned rice vinegar, and crunchy cabbage in a rich, curried peanut sauce. This meal is perfect to serve any night of the week for a healthy and hearty meal or serve this at a chic dinner party for a vibrant addition to your next soirée.
- CURRIED PEANUT SAUCE:
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 (12-ounce) package of 1/4-inch wide rice noodles
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup frozen edamame
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1/3 cup dry-roasted peanuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons torn fresh Thai basil
- lime wedges to garnish
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 Thai, serrano, or jalapeño chiles, stemmed, seeded, and minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 cup water, plus extra as needed
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon organic sugar
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 35mins
Combine carrots and vinegar in small bowl; set aside. Cover noodles with very hot tap water in large bowl and stir to separate. Let noodles soak until softened, pliable, and limp, but not fully tender, about 20 minutes. Drain noodles.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until just smoking. Add edamame and cook until spotty brown but still bright green, about 2 minutes; transfer to a bowl. In a now-empty skillet, heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat until shimmering, add drained noodles, 1 1/4 cups water, and 1/2 cup peanut sauce, and cook until sauce has thickened slightly and noodles are well coated and tender, about 1 minute.
Divide noodles among individual serving bowls, then top with carrots, edamame, and cabbage. Drizzle with remaining peanut sauce, sprinkle with peanuts and basil, then serve with lime wedges.
CURRIED PEANUT SAUCE:
For a spicier sauce, add the jalapeño ribs and seeds. Unseasoned rice vinegar will work in this recipe if you can't find seasoned.
Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium heat until shimmering. Stir in Thai chiles, garlic, ginger, and curry powder and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in water, peanut butter, vinegar, soy sauce, and sugar and bring to simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened and flavors meld together, about 2 minutes. Adjust consistency as needed with additional water. Transfer sauce to a bowl.
You'll also love
- Savory Mushroom and Parmesan... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Pan-Seared Salmon 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Hot Buffalo Chicken Meatball... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Cheesy Baked Brussels... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Chipotle Creamed Spinach Phyllo... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Bloodshot Eyeballs Halloween Treats 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Polynesian Parfaits for Two 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Spring Pea Orzo 4.5/5 (4 Votes)