- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 onion, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- 15-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 cup chicken or beef broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 cups cooked brown rice spaghetti (2 cups cooked sprouted grain pasta Phase 3)
- Minced green or white onion, for garnish
Heat a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef, onion, garlic, chili powder, and crushed red pepper flakes. Lower the heat to medium and cook, occasionally stirring, until the meat is browned.
In a separate bowl, combine the next six ingredients (cacao through chipotle). Add to the skillet and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
Stir in the next five ingredients (tomato sauce through bay leaves). Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 1 hour. Serve over spaghetti topped with minced onion.