Linguine With Spicy Tomato And Clam Juice
- 1 can Italian plum tomatoes - (28 oz) drained
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh marjoram (or 1 1/2 tspns dried marjoram, crumbled)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 pound fresh clams
- 8 ounces linguine
Gently squeeze tomatoes to remove juices, then chop. Heat 3 tablespoons oil in heavy large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and saute until tender, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and saute until soft, about 4 minutes. Add dried red pepper and stir 20 seconds.
Mix in tomatoes and simmer until sauce thickens, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in half of marjoram and half of parsley. Add clams to sauce. Cover and cook sauce until clams open, about 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook linguine in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite. Drain well. Transfer to large bowl. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil and toss to coat. Pour clams and sauce over, discarding any clams that do not open. Sprinkle with remaining chopped fresh herbs.
This recipe yields 2 servings; can be doubled or tripled.
You'll also love
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.3/5 (950 Votes)
- Linguine Pesto with Italian... 4.5/5 (53 Votes)
- Clam Chowder 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Linguine and Clams 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Mashed Potatoes With Green Onions... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pasta With Butternut Squash And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Maple Seared Scallops 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beach House Seafood Strata 0/5 (0 Votes)