Basic Pasta Recipe
This recipe is from a link to pasta recipes by Meredith Laurence to use with the Cook's Essentials Primo Pasta Maker on QVC.
- 1/3 cup semolina flour
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
1. Place the semolina, all-purpose flour, and salt into the kneading chamber of the pasta machine. Turn the power on and press the “Knead” button. Allow the flour to mix for five seconds and then pour in the water and olive oil. Let the dough knead and come together in the chamber.
2. When the dough has finished kneading, change the machine to the extruding phase or, for better flavor and gluten development, let it rest for at least 30 minutes in the chamber while you prepare your pasta sauce. If you are making multiple batches of pasta, remove the dough from the pasta machine and cover it with plastic wrap. You can make the dough a day or two ahead of time and keep it wrapped and in the refrigerator, remembering to let it come to room temperature before you extrude it through the machine.
3. When you are ready to make the pasta, attach the desired noodle mold onto the extrusion rod. Place the dough in the extrusion box and push it down with the spanner. Press the “Extrusion” button. As the pasta is extruded, sprinkle it with a little flour and toss to coat to prevent it from sticking together.
4. To cook the pasta, bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer pasta in a slow boil for 2 to 3 minutes. (A full boil will break the pasta apart.) Drain and toss with olive oil or sauce.