Greek Potato and Tomato Bake
Greek Potato and Tomato Bake is delicious for a side dish.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 large tomatoes, peeled, deseeded and chopped
- 2 1/4 pounds yukon gold potatoes, cut vertically into wedges
- Fresh ground pepper and salt, to taste
- Flat leaf parsley, to garnish
Adapted from vegantasty.com
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
Add the onion and cook until just tender, about 5 minutes.
Add the garlic and cook for a minute to release the flavor.
Place the tomatoes in the pan, season with the salt and pepper, and cook for another minute, stirring constantly.
Add the potatoes to the pan and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring often.
Take the pan off the stove and add the mixture to a greased casserole.
Bake for 40 – 50 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
You can serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for a day or two.
When serving garnish with fresh parsley.