Brownie Batter Cheesecake Bars
- 1 box (18.3 oz) Betty Crocker™ fudge brownie mix
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on box for cakelike brownies
- 2 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt, if desired
Adapted from bettycrocker.com
Heat oven to 325°F. Spray bottom of 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray.
Make brownie batter as directed on box for cakelike brownies. Measure out 1/2 cup batter; cover and refrigerate for later use. Spread remaining batter in bottom of pan. Bake 22 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted 2 inches from side of pan comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes.
In large bowl, beat cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add sugar; beat until smooth. Add reserved 1/2 cup batter, 2 tablespoons whipping cream and the vanilla; beat until smooth. Add 2 eggs; beat just until blended. Spread evenly over cooled crust.
Bake 26 to 30 minutes or until center is set. Cool 30 minutes.
In medium microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips and 3/4 cup whipping cream uncovered on High 1 minute; stir. Microwave 30 seconds; stir until smooth. Spread mixture on top of cheesecake layer. Refrigerate about 4 hours or until cooled completely. Cut into 6 rows by 4 rows. Sprinkle sea salt on top of chocolate layer before serving, if desired.