This recipe is from a link to pasta recipes by Meredith Laurence to use with the Cook's Essentials Primo Pasta Maker on QVC.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28-ounce) can peeled tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons chiffonade fresh basil
- salt and fresh ground black pepper
- Parmesan cheese, grated, for serving
Heat the olive oil in large sauté pan. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes, until the onion begins to soften. Crushed the canned tomatoes by hand and add them to the pan. Add the sugar and simmer for 20 minutes. Add the basil and season to taste with salt and black pepper.