Tater Tot Lasagna
- 1 lb ground beef (or turkey)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 jar marinara sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
- 15 oz low fat Ricotta Cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 bag frozen tater tots (32 oz?)
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from delish.com
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Brown the ground beef on a skillet over medium-high heat. As it cooks, sprinkle on the garlic powder, mixing it into the meat. Break up the meat with a wooden spoon or spatula into small crumbles.
3. Once it is browned, drain any excess grease & return the meat to the skillet. Add the marinara sauce, then add the water to the skillet to thin out the sauce. Stir in the sauce until it's combined, then turn off the burner.
4. In a large mixing bowl, combine 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese, 1/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese, all of the Ricotta Cheese, and the egg.
5. Pour enough meat sauce to lightly coat the bottom of a 13" x 9" pan. Top with a layer of tater tots, then Ricotta mixture, and a layer of meat sauce. Cover with another layer of tots, add more meat sauce, then sprinkle on the remaining Mozzarella and Parmesan Cheese.
6. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and the tots are lightly browned.