Hearty Rutabaga, Carrot, Parsnip And Sausage Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 ounces smoked turkey sausage cut 1/2" dice
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3 small parsnips peeled, diced
- 1 medium rutabaga peeled, diced
- 1 large carrot peeled, diced
- 1 can beef broth - (14 1/2 oz)
- 1 can chicken broth - (14 1/2 oz)
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme crumbled
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Heat oil in heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add sausage and saute until brown on all sides, about 7 minutes. Transfer to plate using slotted spoon. Add onion to saucepan. Reduce heat to medium and cook until tender, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes.
Add parsnips, rutabaga and carrot and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add broths. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 40 minutes.
Puree soup in batches in processor. Return to saucepan. Mix in half-and-half and thyme. Season with salt and pepper. Add sausage. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.) Heat through. Ladle into bowls and serve.
This recipe yields 2 servings; can be doubled or tripled.
You'll also love
- Banana Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake 3.8/5 (44 Votes)
- Joey's Nachos - Kitchen Boss 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Grilled Eggplant Panini with Basil... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Olive Oil-Poached Cod with... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Silesian Dumplings in Carrot Broth... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Bacon and Butternut Squash Grilled... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- COPPER PENNIES CARROT (Marinated... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Sausage Camembert Spoon Pudding 4/5 (1 Votes)