Healthy Mexican Casserole
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoons cumin
- 1/4 teaspoons chili powder (1/8 tsp if you don’t like it too spicy)
- 1/4 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoons coriander
- 1 can black beans (organic, – rinsed thoroughly and drained)
- 1 can pinto beans (organic, rinsed thoroughly and drained)
- 5 plum tomatoes (chopped and seeds removed)
- 1 teaspoon chili pepper (chopped, add more or like to your taste)
- 1/2 cups frozen corn
- 1/4 cups reduced fat Mexican cheese
- 1/4 cups chopped fresh cilantro (for topping, optional)
- Buy ingredients onInstacart
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Put turkey in large sauce pan with oil and cook until no longer pink.
Add cumin, chili powder, red pepper flakes, coriander and a little water until seasoned. Add pinto & black beans, diced tomatoes, thinly sliced chilis, corn and mix it all together in sauce pan.
Place in a 9 x 13 casserole dish and add ¼ cup of reduced fat mexican cheese blend on top. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes until cheese is melted.
For my kids, I crumble whole grain tortillas on top.
I like diced cilantro sprinkled on top. This is great the next for leftovers in a wrap too. ENJOY!