- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 small serrano chilies seeded, minced (abt 2 1/2 tspns)
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds
- 8 cups shredded cabbage - (packed) abt 1 1/4 lbs
- 2 cups shredded carrots - (packed) abt 2 large
Whisk mayonnaise, olive oil, lime juice, apple cider vinegar, mustard, chopped dill, sugar, chilies, garlic and celery seeds in medium bowl to blend.
Toss cabbage and carrots in large bowl with enough dressing to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Coleslaw can be prepared ahead. Let stand at room temperature up to 1 hour or cover and refrigerate up to 4 hours.)
Serve cold or at room temperature.
This recipe yields 6 side-dish servings.
Serrano chilies give this dish a real kick; the lime juice makes it refreshing.