Meatloaf Meatballs are bite-sized, meaty masterpieces of everyone's favorite comfort food. Serve these with a side of mashed potatoes for lunch or dinner, or serve them as an appetizer to start off any home-cooked meal.
- 1/4 cup ketchup, plus 2 tablespoons
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup parsley, chopped, plus more for serving
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan, freshly grated
- kosher salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 egg
- 1-pound ground beef
- 1/2-pound ground pork
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 35mins
Preheat oven to 400°F. In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup ketchup with brown sugar. Set aside.
In the bowl of a food processor, add celery, onion, carrots, and garlic. Pulse 4 to 5 times, then add 3/4 cup parsley and pulse until combined, scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
In a large mixing bowl, combine vegetables with bread crumbs, cheese, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, egg, and remaining 2 tablespoons ketchup. Mix until well combined, then add beef and pork. Mix together by hand until just combined. Don't over mix to maintain tender meatballs.
Using your hands, form 1 1/2-inch meatballs and place in an oven-proof dish or skillet so that meatballs are touching. Brush meatballs with the ketchup glaze and bake until browned, about 20 minutes. Garnish with parsley and serve.
You'll also love
- Loaded Breakfast Quesadillas 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Deep-Fried Cheesecake Bites 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Cheese Breakfast... 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Peach Cobbler 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Eggplant With Lamb, Tomato and... 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Dump Ranch 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Smoky Bacon BBQ Deviled Eggs 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Spicy Chicken Thighs with Rhubarb... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)